Sunday 7 October 2012

Steam Punk Pirate and Rogue (26/7/2012)



Annotations (left character):
  • I feel that I drew all of his proportions correctly except for his head which is far too small compared to the rest of the body. This is ironic as usually it's the hands and feet I get wrong but, in this case their size it right.
  • The shoulder bag I believe came out very well as it really looks as if the bag has something heavy in it. 
  • Thinking about it I wish I had given this character goggles as most steam punk characters tend to have  a pair. They would have also helped to emphasise that the character belongs to the steam punk style.  
Annotations (right character):
  • I really like the way the patterns in her hair and clothing came out as I feel they add a real depth and texture to her. 
  • I'm really glad that her equipment also came out well as I wanted to draw a rogue/thief and therefore wanted to equip them with a bow and weighty storage pouch.  
  • Originally drawing the bottom of her legs incorrectly with the pen I decided to save the image by making her wear metal boots with many lines going across them. Overall, I think this was a good idea as I really like the design that came out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment