Saturday 6 October 2012

Drawing for Games Notes (2/10/2012)



  • Using the blog site ‘Blogger’ I should store both my images and my notes on it so as to make sure I have a backup of all my work. This is also useful for when my lecturers want to look at my art and assess it. 
  • Different types of pencils are better at doing things than others. For example, B’s for sketching and H’s for harder stuff.
  • Try and find pictures/images that I can stick into my sketch book so as to make it both interesting and to inject some of my own personality into it. I can also try and put in sticky notes if I do not want to cramp my drawing pages with too much writing.
  • Try and experiment with ‘Lost & Found’ lines as the lecturer loves them!
  • Positive space is solid and Negative space is nothingness.
  • Look up Rembrandt and Caravaggio.  Maybe see if their art could be used for a game setting.  
  • Looking at one of my drawings my lecturer said that he liked my work and looked forward to seeing more as he recognised that I have a particular style (graphic) which he liked and that that is a good thing as it shows that I have my own style. Therefore I need to show him more of my work in the future in order to find out how I can improve further.   
  • In two weeks’ time the real art begins with a focus on environments for two weeks and then we change over to other material every two weeks. Therefore I may want to practice more at home!
  • Look on Moodle at the word document called Task Reminder 2. This will give a brief idea of what he wants to see on Blogger.  
  
Drawings from this session: 




No comments:

Post a Comment