Sunday 7 October 2012

Ninja and Pirate (16/7/2012)


Annotations (left character):
  • I love the design for this character as I feel that everything is in proportion and the clothes he wears look good.
  • Originally I drew the neck incorrectly, but in the end found that its design really added to the drawing as I turned the mistaken neck into a metal neck guard. 
  • Even though I tried my best to make him look as distinctive as possible without colour I fear that many people will compare him to the orange jumpsuit wearing ninja Naruto from the show of the same name. I believe the colours of my character's clothes would be dark green so as to blend into both dark and outside environments, thus making him more practical than a ninja wearing orange.  
Annotations (right character):
  • I love how the creases in her trousers came out so well, although I fear they may make her legs look too short due to where the trousers stop, a mistake that I only noticed after I had finished the complete drawing. 
  • I also think that her wavy hair came out very well considering I usually struggle with such features.
  • The blade's curve helps to make the sword look more dangerous. This is something that I am pleased to see as after all she is meant to be an intimidating pirate, as demonstrated by her serious face that I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment