Sunday 7 October 2012

Adventurer and Space Man (29/8/2012)


Annotations (top left character):
  • I feel that the adventurer turned out pretty well considering I drew him running towards the viewer without using a reference.
  • I also decided to push the fact that he was an adventurer even more by having arrows fly past him and by giving him unwashed clothes to show the audience that he hasn't time for laundry and suggests he must have been exploring for quite a while. 
  • I made sure to try and avoid too many similarities to other well known fictional explorers such as Indiana Jones, Lara Croft and Nathan Drake by making my explorer look more casual and Caribbean as opposed to the more prepared and well organized explorers as mentioned before. However I couldn't help but give him the essential shoulder bag that most explorers have and even a hat similar to Indiana's.   
Annotations (bottom right character):
  • With this character I wanted to make him look like a classic 'fish bowl head' space man such as people used to imagine space travelers to look like. Therefore I included the bulky, original style diving suit as his main body, a silly looking laser pistol such as the ones you would see in the 60's and breathing tubes attached to rocket like jet packs for that cartoonist rocket pack look.

No comments:

Post a Comment