Thursday 25 October 2012

Comparing my environment art to the example I chose before (23/10/2012)

Comparing my own drawn environment to the Craig Miller's environment they clearly share similarities and differences.  
For example:

Similarities:
  • Both pieces are city landscapes with tall looming towers, some of which contain windows. 
  • Visually neither environment look like they would be particularly nice places to live in.
  • Numerous vertical lines are used in order to make the buildings in both images appear taller. 
  • Both environments have similar dark colour palettes and moods. 
  • Both give the viewer a sense of perspective as they include foreground and background which helps  the viewers eye to travel across the camvas.
Differences: 
  • In my view the images appear to represent different periods of time.
  • My environment contains numerous people, whereas Miller's has only the one person visible. I chose numerous small silhouettes because my focus was on the environment and not the characters. I also wanted the characters to not over shadow the existence of the robot. In Miller's image I assume he wanted his character to be more dominate which is why they take up so much space in the foreground.
  • My art and Miller's art are very different. My art is very animated / cartoon like and consists of fine black border lines to show the outlines of the things within my work. As so far I use little to no shading. Whereas Craig Miller's image is rather sketchy and makes effective use of light and shade. 


Referencing: 

Miller, C. (Unknown) goodbrush. Available at:
http://www.goodbrush.com/ (Accessed: 16/10/2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment