Thursday 11 October 2012

Drawing for Games Notes (9/10/2012):



This lecture was all about showing perspective in art.  
  • Start to think of example artists to talk about when comparing video game art for both characters and environments as this will help me later in these sessions.
  • On Photoshop choose ‘International Paper’ followed by A3 as not only does it look smart but it is easier to size up and down.
  • Vanishing point = 1 point perspective.
  • Practice with Photoshop and tablets in order to get better with them and thus improve my confidence with them.
  • Adding guide lines will make my work look more awesome and it will help me draw straight lines more easily when using a tablet.
  • Ctrl R = Brings up the ruler. This will help me draw straight lines more easily as well.
  • The further away a vanishing point is the more realistic a piece of art will look.
  • Always take screen shots of my art work so as to show the step by step progression of my work.
  • Don’t look at other people’s art as intimidating! Look at them as good examples of things I can improve on in my own work and what I can inspire towards.
  • Three types of perspective exist: Linear perspective, Atmospheric perspective and Colour perspective.
  • Thinking of the details of a person, creature etc will help me figure out the details behind them. For example, do they have things that help them survive certain conditions and how?
  • Using reference images will help me decide on the details of the drawing and /or the pose. E.g. skin, material, clothing etc.
  • Draw scribbles first and then refine those images. This way I exercise my imagination before I start my intended piece of art.   

No comments:

Post a Comment