Thursday 10 January 2013

Photoshop Session 4 (8/1/2013)

As you may of noticed the title for this post says number 4. So you may be asking "where is number 3?". Well everyone had to miss one of the sessions due to it running into the X-mas holidays.

As for the session itself sadly they isn't much to say about it. I was looking forward to it as it promised to show us how to draw characters on Photoshop. However, we were merely given an instruction sheet online and expected to do it ourselves. Personally I don't think this was a good idea as it meant that the session as a whole could have just as easily been done at home even with the odd words of friendly advice given. However, I did find out how to roughly shade a human face correctly, so I will be able to look back at my image when trying to do the same thing in the future. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't draw a realistic face as intended and instead kept going back to the more cartoonish/Manga style I am used to.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I will continue with these sessions or if there are any remaining anyway. Overall I just felt disappointed by this one and expected a little bit more from it.

You can see the process of my portrait drawn using a tablet on Photoshop below:

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment