Friday 1 February 2013

Genre Artwork 4 (29/1/2013)

Before I started to colour in my final character sketch our lecturer wanted to talk to us about grading for the module.

Grading works as following in Art: 
  • Distinction (70-100).
  • High Pass (60-69).
  • Medium Pass (50-59).
  • Low Pass (40-49).
  • Fail (0-39).

In groups we analysed what we thought were the five key things we needed to present in our final work.
After doing so our lecturer then told us his five important things that you can see below.
  1. Work.
  2. Research. 
  3. Analysis and Synthesis: Development. 
  4. Presentation.    
  5. Taught ideas and Skills.

The rest of the session was then spent coloring in my character as you can see below.

Wanting to add some shading and make her trousers look more camouflage like I went into college again on Thursday in order to produce the following.

Unhappy with this method in order to produce the pattern for her trousers I then used the advice from my friend Ryan which was to place a camouflage texture on one layer and then draw on an above layer above the camo's lines in order to get an effective pattern. You can see this process followed by the final image below.

Overall I am really pleased with my final piece as although the hands and feet are not 100% in proportion I feel that the colours used are the right balance of light and dark and that making her t-shirt any other colour would distract from the rest of her design. I am also glad that I didn't put any symbols on her t-shirt as that would also have been distracting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment